Mountains For Non-Skiers
If you think that you can only go skiing in the mountains in winter, you will have to think again when you get to Andalo!
There are so many activities on offer in the winter for children: from ice skating to go-karting on ice, playgrounds to horse-drawn sleigh rides, the Andalo wellness centre to relaxing in a mountain lodge.
Here are 9 alternatives to skiing for your winter holiday
And what about a 10th one? Enjoy yourself in the comfort of your home-from-home by getting involved in the events and activities organised by the fantastic staff in our family-friendly hotels!
- Ice skating: at Andalo Life you can have a go at the exciting sport of ice skating with the whole family, in both summer and winter.
- Horse-drawn sleigh ride: a magical experience for the whole family to savour, riding silently through the forest, aboard a cosy sleigh drawn by a team of horses.
- Baby Park and Paganella Kinder Club: three baby parks, one in the village and two up the mountain, perfect for anyone on holiday with children who are still too young to try skiing. And if you have the Paganella Kinder Club card, entry to all of them is free!
- Sledging run: with a gradient of around 10%, which is ideal for children, Paganella's first sledging run offers nearly 1 km of excitement! The starting point is next to the top station of the Meritz chairlift.
- Go-karting on ice: at Andalo Ice Racing Kart in Laghet you can drive a go-kart on an ice track! But you can rest assured that despite the excitement and adrenaline rush, this is also a very safe activity.
- Mountain lodges: whilst the children are skiing, the parents can enjoy a well-earned break in a mountain hut. Whether treating yourself to some traditional Trentino food or soaking up the sun on the terrace overlooking the surrounding peaks, the mountain lodges of Paganella are always a comfortable and welcoming place to while away a few hours.
- Wellness centre and swimming pool: inside the Andalo Life park, the AcquaIN wellness centre boasts swimming pools, a gym, beauty centre, solarium, saunas and beauty treatments where you can relax for a while whilst your children enjoy themselves with one of the many activities offered by Andalo For Family.
- Winter Park: A huge 5,000 m2 park with high-speed runs for inflatables and bobsleighs, a really entertaining exciting place for children who will never tire of sliding around on the snow and, let's be honest, the parents will love it too!
- Andalo library, Biblioigloo and other events: The libraries in Andalo, Molveno, Fai della Paganella, Cavedago and Spormaggiore are well stocked with books including some in foreign languages. And there is also the unique Bibliogloo library on the pistes at Prati di Gaggia.